Here is a list of file extensions which are configured by default to be handled by ASP.NET 2.0.
- asax used for application level logic (global.asax)
- ascx used for creating a web user control.
- ashx used to create a custom httphandler
- asmx used to create web services
- aspx used for web application pages
- browser are the browser capabilities files stored in XML format. These files are used to define the capabilities of the browser.
- config used to store the configuration of the web application. web.config and machine.config are the common examples
- cs used as the code behind when the language chosen is C# (CSharp)
- vb used as the code behind when the language chosen is Visual Basic.Net
- master used as the extension for the master page.
- resx used as an extension for the resource file of the page for internationalization and localization purpose.
- sitemap is used as the configuration file for a sitemap
- skin used as the skin file for themes
- svc used to define a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) based service
New Extensions added in .NET 3.5 are:
- .dbml : LINQ to SQL data classes file
Revision number 12, Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:32:13 AM by tdmca
You must Login to comment.
Sat, Mar 22, 2008 6:44 PM
I can't edit this post, if I try, it is showing to me a validation error because of the autor name. But css and js are not file handled by ASP.NET 2.0. If you run the "aspnet_regiis -i" command those extensions will not be added into IIS mapping.
Tue, Nov 11, 2008 9:54 AM
Hey Nice one
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 5:38 AM
Links are not working what is wrong with it???