Directory Structure in Asp.Net
ASP.NET 2.0 uses a new set of predefind Directory names for special work. In general, the ASP.NET directory structure can be determined by the developer's preferences. But there are a few reserved directory names.
Here is the list of special directory names used by ASP.NET 2.0
- App_Browsers is used to place browser specific defination files for the site
- App_Code is the directory used to store the raw code.The classes in this folder are automatically compiled into one assembly which is accessible in the code in every page in the site.
- App_Data is the default director for the datastorage or database like Acces, SQL server express etc. This directory has write permission so thatdata can be inserted in the data.
- App_LocalResources folder contains the localized resource files for each page in the site.
- App_GlobalResources holds the resx files for the localized resource available to every page in the site.
- App_Themes folder is used to store the themes of the site.
- App_WebReferences folder is used to store the discovery and WSDL files of the refrences of the web services consumed by site.
- Bin folder is used to store the compiled assemblies of the applictaion and also the referenced assemblies which are not installed in the GAC.
Revision number 4, Monday, June 27, 2011 12:51:41 PM by tmorton
You must Login to comment.