Windows CardSpace: enables users to provide their digital identities in a familiar, secure and easy way. In the physical world we use business cards, credit cards and membership cards. Online with CardSpace we use a variety of virtual cards to identify ourselves, each retrieving data from an identity provider. Don't struggle with usernames and passwords, just choose an information card!
Introduction to cardspace
Channel 9 Videos:
- All Channel 9 content tagged with "CardSpace"
- ARCast.TV - DinnerNow.net Windows Cardspace Part 1 (27:35, 07/07) and Part 2 (27:34, 07/07)
- DinnerNow! (37:41, 06/07) - Discussion of the DinnerNow application which demonstrates a number of technologies, including a CardSpace ASPX control
- Identity Metasystem and CardSpace Interop in Action (16:41, 06/07) - From MIX'07, a demo of the identity flow across Windows, Mac and Linux
- InfoCard Explained (52:48, 04/06) - Introduction to InfoCard and the Identity Metasystem ("InfoCard" was the product codename for CardSpace)
- InfoCard Deep Architecture (59:32, 05/06) - In-depth discussion of how InfoCard works, how it's designed (and why) and how it will evolve in the future
- Kim Cameron - Identity Laws (55:26, 06/06) - Discussion about online identity. Covers the key ideas behind InfoCard and the Identity Metasystem
- WS-Trust - Under the Hood (1:03:49, 10/06) - WS-Trust is the protocol used by Identity Providers. It defines how a security token service should handle tokens
Revision number 1, Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:58:32 AM by
This is not the most up to date version of this article. The most recent version can be found here.